Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alyssa's visit!

So its been a pretty crazy couple of weeks!
First of all i'd like to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!!!!!" I had such a nice visit with my sister and her amazing baby! Having the baby around brought our family alot of cheer during a difficult time. We also got to celebrate my Grammy Lee's 80th birthday. What an amazing sight it was to have her at the head of the enormous rectangular table with all of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Got to see lots of family that i haven't seen in a decade and it felt good to feel connected to them again. Moving away has given us such great opportunities, but it still makes me wonder what life would have been like if we were still living in Saint John close to everyone. What a wonderful surprise it was to have all the Greens come and celebrate new babies and new life chapters! I can't thank Mike and Pat enough for throwing that party together. The drive back home was alright, Angelina's blue eyes saved us from yet another speeding ticket! Got off with a warning in woodstock, that would be the second time we get pulled over there! We decided to stop trying to keep up with my dad's car which was traveling at the speed of light.....and made it home for 1am. not bad

Back to wedding plans! Alyssa, Ben and I got to go do a little bit of wedding dress shopping on thursday last week. It was supposed to be just for fun and to get a taste for what kind of dress i like but we fell in love with the first dress and spent the rest of the day trying to find something that was as perfect. So...i'm going back to the store with mom and one of my bridesmaids on friday to try it on again and if all goes well put a deposit on it while its on sale. Sorry I wont be giving any sneek peeks even when i do get around to putting pictures up! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had a wonderful time. I need to borrow blue eyes Angelina to get me out of my next speeding ticket.....(and I'm married to a policeman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and I had such a good visit! I hope the second viewing of the dress goes well. Call me and let me know what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding dress shopping!! YAY!!!
    When you know, you know :)

    So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete